kliko 2

Sunday 14 July 2013

Zidane says he’s “not afraid to start from scratch”

On the brink of a new point in his career, Ancelotti’s assistant gave his thoughts on entering the world of football management.

“I’m conscious of the fact that being a good player doesn’t mean you will automatically make a good coach. It might help, but not much more than that. So I am starting from scratch but I am not afraid about it. I feel relaxed.” Zinedine Zidane disclosed in an exclusive interview with L’Equipe Magazine this weekend. The former player is about to begin his career in coaching as assistant to Carlo Ancelotti at Real Madrid – a vocation which he admits he has his doubts about at first. Maybe unconsciously, I was afraid – I was worried about being betrayed. I was fearful of putting my trust into something then being disappointed. But as time has gone on, I have learned to open up and I feel more confident. In the past, I needed to feel comfortable, and be among people who inspired me. I have never been able to work with people who I don’t like but I have changed. Now I feel as though I am able to work alongside someone who I don’t know that well but who has the competence which I need,” he explained.
Zizou also gave an indication as to some of the things he has learned whilst studying for his coaching certificate – and in particular, dealing with the players. “I think I can say that one third of the players will always be with you just through loyalty and respect. Another third will be with you as long as you can give them something – they are the ones who you have to try to convince. The other third will always make your life difficult. That tells you a lot about which part of the group you need to work with,” he concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.