kliko 2

Friday 12 July 2013

Adán: “I have no hard feelings about Mou, I respect his decisions”

The Real Madrid goalkeeper opened up to AStv, speaking candidly about the events of last season, Mourinho and the future.

AS sat down to chat with Antonio Adán on Friday in one of the player’s first public appearances in several months. Adán, who staging his summer football campus for children in Madrid’s Parque de Atracciones, broke his silence about Jose Mourinho’s decision to bring Diego López back to the club in the winter transfer window and disclosed that although he is looking to move on, he will report for training as normal on Monday.
How’s your summer been? “I have switched off from football for the past month and a half. I’ve just been trying to disconnect from the events of last season and I am focusing on my summer camp with the kids. For the children, it’s a lot of fun and I really enjoy spending my time with them”.
Looking back over what happened earlier this year, when you went from being first choice to Casillas to being given the cold shoulder by the coach, how do weigh up the past season? “I prefer to focus on the positive things which happened. It’s fair to say that I have been through a lot of ups and downs. I was able to play a lot of game which, for a youth team graduate and one who is Iker Casillas’ understudy; no-one else has managed that. Apart from that, the media coverage of events has made me realize that I have a lot to learn ahead of the new season. I have to be more mature.
You said that you felt hurt by much of what was reported in the press and then Mourinho signed Diego López and you didn’t play again after that. That must have hurt too? “These things happen in football and you have no control over them. I tried to work even harder and give my best for the team but the club decided to sign another goalkeeper. The coach’s job is to select his team every Sunday and all I can do is keep working hard and accept what decisions he makes”.
Weren’t you surprised to be handed a start against Málaga then one month later, they sign another keeper? “The declarations which Mourinho made in public are there for everyone to listen to and that question would be better directed to him than to me. I am not able to say why he suddenly lost confidence in me. But I have no hard feelings towards Mou and I respect his decisions”.
What’s the relationship like between the keepers? “It has always been fantastic. I think I am very lucky to be able to say that Iker and Diego López are my friends and they have always treated me well. All three of us have come up from the youth teams. Diego coached me when I was younger and I have spent four or five seasons training with Iker and he is a very good friend of mine. So whatever the coach decides won’t change anything between us”.
What plans do you have for the future? “I will think about what’s best for me. In terms of my career, I want to be at a club where I will get to play regularly”.
Is continuing at Madrid too complicated? “That option is not entirely up to me. I am still under contract and if nothing changes, I will remain a Real Madrid player. Under that premise, I have to look at what is the best solution for me. I’ll wait until I receive an interesting offer but I am just looking for what is best for me”.
So you’ll be introduced to Ancelotti on Monday? “If I don’t receive a phone call this weekend, then I’ll be with him on Monday, yes”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.