kliko 2

Thursday 18 July 2013

Messi calm over tax probe: "We trust our advisers"

The Barcelona forward also expressed his optimism over Neymar's arrival: "He seems like a good guy and he won't have problems adapting".

Lionel Messi gave a press conference on Wednesday following Barcelona’s morning training session. The Argentina international discussed his recent tax issues, his injury last season and the arrival of Neymar. He also touched on the departures of Thiago Alcántara and David Villa, but refused to be drawn on the conflict between coach Tito Vilanova and Pep Guardiola. On Real Madrid, Messi warned: “They’re stronger every year.”
Return to work: “As always, I’m raring to go. I’m eager to do well and achieve every objective.”
Injuries: “The risk is always there in football, it can happen to all players. [But] I’m going to carry on as always and I’m out to play in every game. The injury [last season] was small, but there were complications due to things that came about. I decided to play when perhaps I hadn’t completely recovered. But that’s in the past now.”
Tax problems: “I’m calm. My father and I have our advisers. They manage these things and we trust them. I hope they sort it out. I don’t have a clue about any of that and that’s why we have lawyers.”
Working with Neymar: “He’s a great player. I don’t think he’ll have problems adapting. I don’t know where it has come from that Neymar and I aren’t going to get on. He seems like a good guy and he won’t have any problems because there are good people in the dressing room. He’s very strong in one-on-one situations.”
Rivals: “Bayern Munich have a great team. They won the Champions League in style [last season] and the arrival of Guardiola will only make them stronger. Real Madrid are very strong; they’re stronger every year. It’ll be a difficult league season, fighting against Madrid and any other team who also mounts a challenge at the top of the table.”
Thiago Alcántara’s move to Bayern: “It’s a personal decision. He decided to leave because he thinks he’ll play more. That’s his decision.”
Conflict between Tito and Pep: “That’s between the two of them. It isn’t my place to get involved. They have already spoken and it isn’t for me to discuss the issue.”
David Villa’s departure for Atlético Madrid: “Atlético lost a striker in Falcao, and ‘El Guaje’ will be a really good replacement. He scores a lot of goals and he’ll continue doing that at Atlético.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.