kliko 2

Friday 19 July 2013

Morata: "I'm staying at Madrid - I only want to play here”

Striker Álvaro Morata has stressed his desire to remain at Real Madrid: "The club want me to stay, and so does Carlo Ancelotti."

Real Madrid striker Álvaro Morata faced the media on Thursday lunchtime. The Spain Under-21 player, linked with a move to Sevilla on Wednesday, spoke of his determination to stay with ‘Los Blancos’ and stake his claim for a first-team spot. He also remained unconcerned over speculation that Paris Saint-Germain forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic could arrive at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Carlo Ancelotti: “He has told us to look after the ball, play quick football and create our own playing style.”
Future: “I’m training well and I want to stay at Madrid. The club and the coach want me to stay too."
Offers: “I don’t have to reject offers because I haven’t received any. I only want to play here.”
Playing time: “It’s important to score goals and get minutes on the pitch. And the more playing time I get, the more chances to score I’ll have.”
Possible departure of Gonzalo Higuaín: “It’s in the club’s hands, but ‘El Pipa’ seems as up for it as ever. Jesé and I will fight hard to play.”
Cristiano Ronaldo: “I can’t imagine him at another club. He’s the best player in the world and he has to be at the best club in the world. I’m an admirer of his.”
World Cup chances: “First I have to play [at Real Madrid], and if I do well, then why not?”
Ancelotti and former Madrid coach José Mourinho: “It wouldn’t be right for me to make comparisons. I have great memories of the previous coach.”
Potential signing of Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “I’ll fight for my place with whoever comes to the club. This club is always going to bring in the best players.”
Spanish summer signings: “The club is showing its faith in Spanish players. Together with the ones already here, the club is building a great squad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.